Monday 17 June 2019

16/6/19 Healing continues, the clock and the bridge.

Trevor continued to heal today - by the end of the day he was a=wishing he could be going outside for a walk.   Hopefully he will be walking out that door for good tomorrow.

lunch time

checking out the river below.

I walk through here to see Trev when I go from the apartment the most direct way.
My day included visiting (of course), negotiations regarding accommodation (This is in place until next weekend if required) and discussions with the railways regarding the cost of tickets to Budapest (just in case)

I also walked form the railway station in the wrong direction and added plenty of distance on to my objective to see the Charles Bridge.  I also visited the Basilica of St Jakob, and the municipal library (sadly closed) hoping to see the giant tunnel of books.

Here are some of the things I saw:
These two vehicles outside the local "James Dean" American restaurant.  This is just down from the street where I am staying.. There is often a white ferrari double parked beside the truck.



the Basilica of St Jakob. Mindblowingly ornate.

the ceiling

one of the most worn out and forlorn Christ sculptures I have ever seen. 

huge pipe organ. 

There is a company which uses old cars to drive tourists around Prague.  There are also horse and carriage rides 
 Sculpture in the railway station.





The Clock
Normal configuration - the windows at the top are closed.

On the hour a rotation of people peer from the windows to check the crowd, who are standing below checking them. 

...just a little bit spooky. 
 Taken from the bridge


a very interesting old instrument - I might have asked about it, but I am tired of trying to converse with people. 


crowds of people entering and leaving the bridge. 

in a laneway



Czech gingerbread is a thing

there are a lot of swans near the bridge (and swan poo) 


part of the reading collection at the hospital.  One of my all time favourites.  Not keen to read these though. 
Tomorrow we will hear more from the Dr. 
I'm going to head for bed and try to get to sleep so that I can be up early in time to be there to try to get some answers from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment