Monday 17 June 2019

15/6/2019 - first full day in hospital and a visit to St Agnes.

Trevor spent the day in hospital slowly getting used to the food and the routines.

He had a very quick visit from the weekend doctor checking he was OK .

He slowly cut down on his need for pain relief and got brave enough to leave the bed and walk and sit a bit.

He progressed to a white gown patterned with blue.


the hospital where Trevor is staying.

I investigated the local convent of St Agnes which I accidentally discovered taking a back lane nearby on the way to the hospital.

St Agnes was the sister of Good King Wenceslaus.  She lived in the 1200s and was canonised in the 1800s. The place where she lives is truly beautiful.  There was a central garden, cloisters, and lofty ceilings, The quiet visit that I made here was a balm to my soul and I found myself calmed after the visit.



Cute cubby house art sculpture in the convent gardens. 




ancient heater uncovered in excavations. Heat the air and it goes up through bricked pipes into the nuns rooms to heat them. 

I love cloisters




St Agnes' Grave

The large Nun's quarters.

poppy in the garden

chapel

local lighting. 


I chased down dinner at a local supermarket and headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment