Saturday 30 August 2014

Would you like a burger with that?

This morning we walked up the road to the new OTR ( what's with the crazy abbreviation?) And were confronted with bedlam.  Men in fluoro tops were assisting traffic and cars were banked up along the road. It turned out that they were offering unleaded fuel at 99c/l for 2 hours and  it was creating a stir. The station has only just opened,  so this was their way of letting people know I guess. Traffic was banked up for a couple of blocks along Greenhill Rd.

We were offered free burgers with our paper!
Unfortunately we had already had breakfast and were not in need of the extra calories, so turned the offer down.


Today was a time for cleaning up a bit, shopping to restock the cupboards and fridge, and planning for the next couple of days food. We have special friends coming tomorrow for tea, so I've done a bit of prep for that. With the lack of veggies over the last week while we were 8 holidays, and the beautiful Adelaide weather I figure it was time to cook up some veggies, and prepare for some yummy salads. Tomorrow we will have a good Aussies Barbie. 

I've had a dessert recipe sitting in my pinterest file waiting for a chance to use it for quite some time, so tomorrow is the day.  I'm making blueberry crumble cheesecake bars (recipe initially from "lifemadesimple").  Their photo was really enticing, so if mine turns out tasting as good as theirs looks I will be very happy..

Here is their pic


At the moment mine is cooked (I hope) and cooling in its' tin. 



I'm just hoping that when  I cut into it tomorrow afternoon it truly is cooked and not just pretending.  

Well, it will be a full on day tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.  





No comments:

Post a Comment