Tuesday 26 August 2014

Another quiet day

I think Trev and I are both getting a bit restless and in need of exercise.  A trip to the shops today to get food for meals, and one very simple cache find on the way there was a major diversion.  We are still feeling pretty tired too, as we wind down into holiday mode.  Somehow it always seems to take a while to get to a point of really relaxing and enjoying not having to be doing other things.

We were just on the point of going out walking today when the rain came down again and we decided not to, but then it faded away into a lovely afternoon, and I was left regretting the decision not to go walking and exploring.  I made do with exploring the resort a bit and trying to capture the lake reflections while the wind was a bit calmer... so here are a few shots of where we are staying.

Cedar Lake


There is a water bird nesting on the bank of the lake.
Paddle boat seems to be a good option for getting close to it.  

More distant view of Lake from the entrance road

Then I thought I might take a picture of the lovely Grenvillea flower growing on one of the bushes.  I got in one preliminary shot before the local water birds came around the corner getting very cross with me.  I guess I was too close to a hidden nest.  They were very unhappy with my intrusion and kept on flying past me at close range as I retreated to the path again and hot footed it to our unit. It was very like the exciting magpie attacks back home at the moment.  Well, at least I got the heart rate up a little past resting level for a short time.








No comments:

Post a Comment