Friday 15 August 2014

Rabbit Pie Day (or tuna and tomatoes with pasta)

Well - I've made it through to Rabbit pie day with my sanity still mostly in place.

A late night allowed for the completion of my Orienteering paperwork, and everyone that needs it has a copy of the upcoming agenda nestled safely in their email inbox awaiting their keen perusal.

As I woke early this morning I couldn't help but notice the beautiful warblng of the local piping strikes (Murray Magpies) as they celebrated the new day and marked their nesting territories.  Watch out anyone in the local area as  magpie attack could happen any time now. I love the sound , which is somehow synonymous with South Australia (and not just because they are our state bird).

It is very much a sound to take you back in time with memories of hearing them warbling away through your life.

SA Murray Magpie


Now I need to make it through today.

Since the day will be a busy one, and it involves dinner as well, I figure if this is not written before I leave this morning it will not happen. And since it is Blaugust I must blaug today.

Anyway, I digress. Although it is Rabbit pie day, I thought that I would share one of my old go to recipes, which I intended to cook last night, but ran out of time, opportunity, and impetus, so we had Chinese take away instead.  The tuna is that cute can with the whole chilli in it. I always throw away the Chilli or it is too hot for us.  But the greatest thing about this recipe is the way the whole warmed flavoursome cherry tomatoes pop in your mouth (I warn you do not try to stab them with your fork before they get to the mouth).

So go to taste and get this recipe and give yourself a really easy treat.  It's fantastic with homemade pasta, but that's another story for another time.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27220/tuna+and+cherry+tomato+pasta

Tuna and cherry tomato pasta from Taste.com

And with that she races off into the beautiful day ahead.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're blauging every day, I'm really enjoying it, but there's no rules that say that you have to! You can do it as often or as rarely as you like, it's just that some of us find it a little bit addictive...
    To post a link, select some text in the editor, press the "Link" button (it's next the picture one, I think), then enter the url in the pop-up box. I generally go to the site I want, copy the adress, then paste it straight in so that I can't stuff up the typing, it's super easy.

    ReplyDelete