Thursday 20 April 2017

April 20th-sprint event in Rotorua

I'm posting this early because Trev is already plying me with alcohol (the complimentary pinot gris from our hosts).
I may be uninspired or unable to complete a posting much later.

I didn't run today, but took up my post by the final control to take photos, and enjoyed the experience a different way. The ankle is still not too good at all. Hopefully another night of not much action will help it.

We enjoyed our catch up with Kirsten and Bo last night , which also became a catch up with Mikkel (their Sollerod club member who is currently a coach in residence in Melbourne) and Warren and Tasha Key who are his hosts. Bob Smith (also a TT member and came along)



We finally arrived at he event centre this morning after negotiating some "disabled" parking☺ which was very much appreciated and I hobbled to my photography post with Trevor as bodyguard until he left for his start.

Here are some of the pics I took today of South Aussies.  They include Kirsten (a TT member) and her partner Bo. They live in Denmark.









Bo




Kirsten






Best looking runner on the day






Maps below
The one Trevor ran (course 6) and the one I would have run if my ankle was OK. 
Trev came 58th in a large strong field and looked great in the finish chute. 
Many of the other overseas orienteers have arrived for the masters and are competing this weekend, making the fields even larger and stronger. 




Because the lake is so high many of the courses involved travelling through water. My leg 8 to 9 would have been one of them. Trev was lucky with his, which stayed on higher ground. It was certainly novel to run around statues and hot water lakes etc. 




1 comment: