Friday 12 September 2014

Transportable food

Individual Sweet potato and spinach frittatas



We need easy transportable food- Frittatas

When we orienteer we come back hungry, and usually tired.
 It's great to have food ready to go and easy to eat.

One of my favorite go to recipes for this situation is individual frittatas. I make them with whatever I have in the fridge or cupboard.


Today we have.... Spinach and Sweet Potato

This week I had some really crisp spinach which was on sale when I was shopping, and some left over sweet potato that I had roasted for a salad the day before. So in they went.

I decided to add some nutmeg as it goes so well with sweet potato and I was pleased with the effect.

No grizzles were received, so I think others thought it worked pretty well too.

The recipe

Ingredients

Half a bunch of spinach
1 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato cubed
8 eggs
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Nutmeg
1 clove minced Garlic
Pepper to taste

Ready to Cook

Method 

Heat oven to 180c
Soak spinach in boiling water 2 min (till just wilting)
Drain and blanch in cold water
Chop spinach roughly.
Combine all ingredients
Spoon into muffin molds.
Bake approx 30 minutes
They should be browned and be set when done. You can use a skewer to check.
Insert into one frittata. If it comes out dry then it's done.
Remove from oven but keep in muffin pan for about 10 min
Then turn onto rack to cool.


Eat and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment