Wednesday 10 September 2014

Padlocks on a Bridge

There is something so romantic about padlocks on a bridge.

I just love the idea of visiting a beautiful place with your one special person and marking your relationship in this way. 
Find the spot. Lock on a beautiful padlock. Throw away the key.  
Together forever.

I'd love to see all the padlocks on the Pont des Arts bridge in Paris, but I fear that I will be too late as it is a safety risk due to the weight of them all.



Tonight I went for a walk in Brisbane and finally made it to the South Side of the river to have a brief look around. 
On the way I found these locks on the bridge.
They might be pretty sparse compared to Paris - but I was delighted.


Locks on the Kurilpa Bridge in Brisbane.


I thought that this one was particularly beautiful and worth a photo on its own.



Who uses a combination lock for this purpose?

I could not  help but wonder what Kaz and JB were thinking when they attached this combo lock on the 13th of May...


In this time of permanent tattoos were they reluctant to declare permanent love?
Did they think it a great idea to declare temporary love that could be removed if either of them felt like it?

Somehow that one just seems not such a lovely romantic gesture- but maybe it is more realistic.

I'm now on the lookout for a lovely old lock of my own to take away with me next year.  I will dream of attaching it with my man,  and throwing away the key. If you see a lovely lock somewhere that fits the picture feel free to let me know.




1 comment:

  1. We've got a decent number on the uni footbridge these days. Including some nice old impressive numbers. Uni clubs could make money renting lockcutters, I think. :p

    ReplyDelete