Monday 28 March 2016

Easter day 4-not such a happy story for Erica

It's a bit embarassing to write this one.

It's been another long hard day.

Today I (Erica) managed to find only my first and last control.
I forgot all the good advice I have remembered over the years and didn't stay in touch with the map.  I got completely lost and never found myself until way too late.
I had a wonderful walk and strangely feel quite happy despite having been DNFd  (basically disqualified for not finding all of my controls) today.

Trevor completed his course and finished today which shows good consistency. This Easter he is doing longer courses. He has shown that he can manage them well.

Here are some pictures taken at the event today.







We headed out after the event and stopped not too far down the road by some old cattle stock yards to have some lunch and our first cup of tea for the day sometime after 2pm. We also changed out of our smelly orienteering gear and into our normal clothes, then drove out of town and headed towards SA.  250km or so on and we stopped at the hill rock reserve (just past Wagga Wagga) , which we had checked out on the way over.  We pulled up and set up camp , and later were joined by Bob Smith who is in his A van and also heading homewards. 

Old cattle yards lunch stop

Our camp for the night


Pre dinner eats and drinks while we waited for Bob


Bob has arrived with his fancy A van. 


I'm afraid I do not have a photo of today's map and the light has gone so it will have to wait.

1 comment:

  1. I might have finished but I certainly didn't cover myself in glory today.

    ReplyDelete